Discuss lessons, practise English, find answers, get feedback, ask questions ... and most importantly, enjoy yourself!

All courses Forums Case study: make a decision a Title (Activation project)

• OLIVIA LAUREN GOTTIN KOUAKOU

April 11, 2023 at 12:46 pm

2 Proud Pups is Elena’s baby business. She wanted to create all-natural dog care product that will not irritate her dogs. She invested her savings and grew her staff and product line trough years. From what I could gathered, 2 Proud Pups revenues are flat, and Elena is even burning out, beside with her fourth baby coming she could no longer take care of her business.

Elena is hesitating between two options.

From one side, sell the company to a competitor. I am a bit reluctant to recommend her to sell the company. Indeed, with this option, she could gain a generous cash buyout and a good percentage of merged equity shares, but she will also risk losing the control of her company over the direction the competitor will want to head (example of using chemical ingredients, selling directly to consumers). Plus, she will not be able to come back later if she thinks she is mentally ready. I just do not think this option is the one she can choose.

From the other side, the advantages of hiring a new CEO are that Elena
    retain her majority shareholder position while stepping back from the business.
    She will also be sure that her vision for 2Proud Pups will remain the same with
    innovations. The fact that the potential new CEO wants to target Amazon, Chewy,
    and Petco is not a pitfall, Elena could turn it on her favor to accrue the
    production and so her revenues. I would say the pros definitely outweigh
    the cons.

• Kerin

Administrator
      April 11, 2023 at 2:28 pm

Dear Olivia,

This is very well written, well-balanced and expressed clearly. Well done! I love how you have incorporated the new vocabulary into what you have written too. Keep up the good work. 🤗

Please review the corrections I’ve made (in bold) and please let me know if you need any clarification.

2 Proud Pups is Elena’s baby business. She wanted to create all-natural dog care productS that will not irritate her dogs. She invested her savings and grew her staff and product line THROUGH/OVER THE years. From what I could gathered❌ (gather ✅), 2 Proud Pups revenues are flat, and Elena is even burning out, beside ❌ (BESIDES + comma or FURTHERMORE✅) with her fourth baby coming she could no longer take care of her business.

Elena is hesitating between two options.

From one side, sell the company to a competitor. (🙌 Suggest: On the one hand, she could sell the company to a competitor) I am a bit reluctant to recommend (Excellent😍!!) her to sell the company. Indeed, with this option, she could gain a generous cash buyout and a good percentage of merged equity shares, but she will also risk losing the control of her company over the direction the competitor will want to head (example of using chemical ingredients, selling directly to consumers).(😍 Excellent structure and vocab) Plus, she will not be able to come back (🙌 or: she will lose the opportunity to come back later….) later if she thinks she is mentally ready. I just do not think (Excellent😍) this option is the one she can choose.

From the other side, (🙌 Suggest: On the other hand,) the advantages of hiring a new CEO are that Elena retainS her majority shareholder position while stepping back from the business.

She will also be sure that her vision for 2Proud Pups will remain the same with
      innovations. The fact that the potential new CEO wants to target Amazon, Chewy,
      and Petco is not a pitfall, Elena could turn it TO her favor to accrue the
      production and so her revenues. I would say the pros definitely outweigh

the cons. (Excellent😍)