Discuss lessons, practise English, find answers, get feedback, ask questions ... and most importantly, enjoy yourself!

All courses Forums Emails: polite language Polite Language Writings

• Polite Language Writings

Posted by Maria Perak on February 12, 2024 at 7:18 pm

Write to a collaborator or colleague who is late sending you a report

Hi Max,

I hope you are having a good week.

I am aware that you have a very busy schedule, especially since Kevin left the company and you took additional responsibilities, but I would be very grateful if you could send January Sales Report by the end of the day.

As far as I understood from our last weekly meeting, the report was going to be sent before February 10<sup>th</sup>. I have to present January´s performance to the CEO by the end of the week and I need the information to prepare the presentation.

Please, let me know if there is something I can help you with.

Kind regards

Maria

Write a reply to a complaint you have received

Dear Gabrielle,

I apologize for the payment delay and any inconvenience it may have caused.

Unfortunately, there is not much we can do, as the company is not able to transfer money to any foreign account due to a national regulation. It is a measure that affects every company in the country, not only to us.

I would like to reaffirm the company´s willingness and commitment to pay as soon as we were authorized.

One more time, thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

Maria

Kerin replied 6 months, 3 weeks ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Kerin

Administrator
    February 15, 2024 at 4:19 pm

Hi Mery, Tone and register are spot on. Excellent work!

Two points to note:

1. You need a phrasal verb here (take on) and I’d use the present perfect tense instead of the past simple to show that the implications are still present. > I am aware that you have a very busy schedule, especially since Kevin left the company and you have taken on additional responsibilities

2. I’d replace One more time, with> Once more, or Once again, thank you for your patience and understanding.