Do you LOVE art? Would you like to be able to talk about it confidently and fluently in English? Yes and yes?! This course has been made especially for you!
About this module
It’s all in the title! In this course you’re going to learn how to talk about art in advanced English: all the vocabulary and expressions you need. We start with a general discussion about art before moving on to specifics.
We’ll look at the story of Frida Kahlo and then study the language needed to confidently speak about artworks.
We’ll then move on to looking at a piece by Edward Hopper, and then we’ll study a literary piece by author Alain de Botton, before coming full circle and heading back into the forum to finish our discussion on art!
What you will learn
- Learn how to talk confidently about art:
- Art vocabulary
- How to give your reaction and opinion to art
- How to talk about colour, composition, texture, mood & atmosphere and subject matter
- 5 steps to help describe a piece of art
- Bonus: quick review of tenses
What is the final activation project?
- You will do a short presentation about Frida Kahlo, either in video or audio format (speaking)
- You will critique a piece of art (writing)
Who is this course for?
- Professionals, managers, executives who work at an international level and anyone who wants to improve how they communicate in English
- Levels: B1+, B2, C1, towards C2 (Strong intermediate, upper-intermediate, advanced, towards proficient)
- The course can be completed in 5-12 hours depending on your level, pace and how deeply you go into each argument
Is there a certificate?
Yes! At the end of the course you will find a short progress test. To earn your certificate you must pass the test with a score of 70% or higher.
How long do you have access to this course?
When you purchase this course as a single course you will have lifetime access to it.
This course is also included in Road to English Proficiency. The access period will depend on your plan.