Discuss lessons, practise English, find answers, get feedback, ask questions ... and most importantly, enjoy yourself!

All courses Forums M5 Final Activation Project Actor’s speech (listening)

• Actor’s speech (listening)

Posted by Manuela.Lelli on November 18, 2021 at 2:47 pm

In actor’s opinion, a degree is education, specific knowledge, expertise, no matter if this will lead to job or not.

However, this is ok, anyway. This is reality, the world, everyday life.

I think I caught almost all the points (1) life is not easy and you are not a victim 2) “Unbelievable” is the most stupid word – give yourself more credit 3) Joy is an in-process daily construction 4) For the actor, “success” means: family, health, career in a mix – we have to focus on what we want 5) Process of elimanation – I know who I am and I know who I’m not – put down what is useless and focus on your identity 6) Return your investments – behave today in a way so that tomorrow will be easier and more satisfying 7) Focus on your success and not on your fairlures, look at the fairlures just constructively 8) Obligations (rules) towards yourself, God, your coscience 10) Don’t put limits: go beyond the end – look further 11) Be the author of your life: turn the page, in case 12) Fear is a good thing: it makes you overcome it 13) All I want is all I can see and all I can see is in front of me: put yourself in a place to receive the truth and internalize it (meditation, walk about or good company). This will take time)

I found problems tounderstand point 9: the one when he talk about the line on the jeans??

I could not imagine this actor,with a very difficult surname to pronounce, would be so wise (a very good actor indeed)!

thanks

Kerin replied 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Kerin

Administrator
    November 19, 2021 at 2:14 pm

Superb! Yes, he is very clever! (Ahahaha! Scottish surnames 😳 😂 )

> In actor’s opinion, … > In the actor’s opinion, ….

> no matter if this will lead to job or not. > no matter if this will lead a to job or not.

> 7) Focus on your success and not on your failures, look at the failures just constructively

> coscience > conscience

I found problems to understand point 9: the one when he talk about the line on the jeans?? – can you give me the timestamp for this part?