Discuss lessons, practise English, find answers, get feedback, ask questions ... and most importantly, enjoy yourself!

• Attitude to change

Posted by Wanda on August 5, 2021 at 5:25 pm

My own attitude to change is not always the same. There are phases and situations where I want and need changes. I think I tend to crave change when I don’t feel well in a certain situation or a place. Or sometimes I just need something new or different because going towards the unknown can be exciting, and also because new challenges make us grow, even if we know we will have to go out of our comfort zone.

But I certainly resist change when I feel good about something and really wouldn’t want it to change. Moreover, like most of us I think, we can feel scared about what we don’t know. Changes always demand energy to adapt to a new situation, and sometimes we can experience mental laziness, above all in a world where we constantly feel nudged to be 100% dynamic all the time.

So, in my opinion, it’s just natural to have this “unstable” relationship with change.

Kerin replied 2 years, 7 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Kerin

Administrator
    August 17, 2021 at 9:44 am

This is so well written @Wanda (and also interesting. I couldn’t really put it better myself!)

The only word I think needs to be change is ‘well’ –

> I think I tend to crave change when I don’t feel well in a certain situation or a place.

When we say I don’t feel well, it means physically (So, I feel unwell / I feel sick)

Better to say one of these:

– when I don’t feel right

– when I feel uneasy

– when I feel uncomfortable

– when I feel unsettled

👍

• Wanda

August 17, 2021 at 5:23 pm

Oh WOW! Thanks, Kerin, I’m so happy to read your message!

This is really interesting…actually, I didn’t know the real usage of “well”. Thank you!!!

• Kerin

Administrator
        August 18, 2021 at 9:56 am

Great! 🤗