Discuss lessons, practise English, find answers, get feedback, ask questions ... and most importantly, enjoy yourself!

• Attitudes to change

Posted by Lucia on April 11, 2021 at 12:18 pm

It costs a lot to admit it, but I am a creature of habit. I like to know what it is happening in my life and have control on it. I find thrilling to have some changes in my routine, at the condition that it remains, indeed, a routine. At the same time, I am able to understand when I NEED to escape or to transform completely it. I perceive clearly the discomfort and the constant sensation of not being at the right place, and when I feel them I know I have to change, despite the worries that change may provoke in me.

And, at the end, I think the people who resist to change is simply scared by something they don’t know and cannot control. Because when you make some modifications in your life or society, even the smallest, you can’t predict all the consequences and the lost of control and knowledge likely pushes people to reject the change as much as they can.

Kerin replied 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Kerin

Administrator
    April 15, 2021 at 11:26 am

Sensitive piece @Lu_Corde 🥰

Have a look and see if you can correct the errors

• Lucia

April 19, 2021 at 7:43 pm

Let’s try to correct it:

It costs a lot to admit it, but I am a creature of habit. I like to know what is happening in my life and have control on it. I find IT thrilling to have some changes in my routine, WITH the condition that it remains, indeed, a routine. At the same time, I am able to understand when I NEED to escape or to transform IT completely. I perceive clearly the discomfort and the constant sensation of not being IN the right place, and when I feel them I know I have to change, despite the worries that change may provoke in me.

And, at the end, I think the people who resist change ARE simply scared by something they don’t know and cannot control. Because when you make some modifications in your life or society, even the smallest, you can’t predict all the consequences and the LOSS of control and knowledge likely pushes people to reject the change as much as they can.

• Kerin

Administrator
      April 20, 2021 at 9:19 am

Perfect @Lu_Corde 🙌