Discuss lessons, practise English, find answers, get feedback, ask questions ... and most importantly, enjoy yourself!

• Do you like art

Posted by Roberto on December 6, 2020 at 4:34 pm

I like art: as human being I cannot be apathetic in front of art. Art means human creativity, skill and imagination, typically in a visual form such as painting or sculpture. How not to appreciate artworks for their beauty or emotional power? Of course, there are different branches of creative activity, such as painting, music, literature, and dance. To focus on the traditional kinds of art, painting and sculpture, we are surrounded by art in Italy, especially in Tuscany. We are in the country where the half of art world heritage is. I like art of every period and country. I am interested into searching the spirit of a place in the different type of arts. What often bewilders me is contemporary art: when I see contemporary artwork I do not know until where art can go. Contemporary art seems to distort traditional art, only meant to provoking and shocking people. But provocation is not always art.

Kerin replied 3 years, 3 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Kerin

Administrator
    December 7, 2020 at 10:31 am

I feel often feel the same about contemporary art. I sometimes wonder what the point is, even sometimes thinking it is a con.

Anyway, nice @onorati66 . A few things to look out for:

1. as ____ human being ❓

2. How not to appreciate artworks for their beauty or emotional power? This isn’t correct as a question. You could phrase it like this: How can one not appreciate artworks for their beauty or emotional power?

3. We are in the country where the half of art world heritage is. We need to change the word order a bit: We are in the country where half of THE art world heritage is.

4. I am interested into searching > preposition ❓

👍

• Roberto

December 9, 2020 at 5:33 pm

as a human being (with articles it is really hard🤔)

interested in (perhaps I mixed “I am interested in” with “I am into”).