Discuss lessons, practise English, find answers, get feedback, ask questions ... and most importantly, enjoy yourself!

• Posted by Tatiana on April 20, 2021 at 12:06 am

I believe English has become a need, I agree with the statement “English gives opportunities” because it is a fact, you get a better job, a better salary, a better promotion, it depends of how strong your English skills are.

English opens doors and it allows you to communicate with more people around the world, I consider that it changes your mind and it can cause to wash other languages as result you start thinking in English and slowly you become part of other culture, sometimes even you forget words in your native language.

I agree with the phrase ” English is becoming the language of problem solving” inevitably all around the world the most important meetings are handled in English, if we talk about climate change, international trade commerce, for example, those meetings are going to be in English as common language.

Tatiana replied 3 years ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Kerin

Administrator
    April 20, 2021 at 9:29 am

Well written @tatiana.aguilar

To make your writing stronger and more ‘natural’, I suggest that you make your sentences a bit shorter. In languages like Spanish and Italian, it is common to have whole paragraphs that are sometimes one sentence long. In English, we don’t tend to do that.

Have a look at the changes I’ve made and let me know if it makes sense to you.

I believe English has become a need AND I agree with the statement “English gives opportunities” because it is a fact. (NEW SENTENCE) You CAN get a better job, a better salary, a better promotion. (NEW SENTENCE) It depends ON how strong your English skills are.

English opens doors and it allows you to communicate with more people around the world. (NEW SENTENCE) I consider that it changes your mind and it can cause to wash AWAY other languages (CONNECTOR) AND as A result (COMMA), you start thinking in English and slowly you become part of other culture. (NEW SENTENCE) Sometimes YOU even forget words in your native language.

I agree with the phrase ” English is becoming the language of problem solving”. (NEW SENTENCE) Inevitably all around the world the most important meetings are handled in English, (CONNECTOR) FOR EXAMPLE, if we talk about climate change OR international trade commerce, those meetings are going to be in English as THE common language.

• Tatiana

April 20, 2021 at 8:20 pm

Thank you Kerin! I completely understand. I will apply your advice.