Discuss lessons, practise English, find answers, get feedback, ask questions ... and most importantly, enjoy yourself!

All courses Forums How to talk about change Over the last 10 years … Last ten years of my life

• Last ten years of my life

Posted by Sabrina on February 5, 2020 at 5:22 pm

If I think how my life was during the last ten years ago the most important things that I remember are : the my different points of view regarding the future, the life and so on…
    Ten years ago I was an aged ( I have to say aged because I had my daughters when I was 38 , ) mother of two children (six years old) that occupied most part of my life, I had to follow them in the school, during the afternoon for workout, I had to bring them everywhere….
    I was very energic and interest in going across the Europe ( and more) for working…
    I remember that In Italy the crisis started but the people did not believe that it could enter in their life …
    During the decade I realized of becoming less and less necessary for the twins, I lost a lot of energy for doing my hobbies (windsurfing during free time, going around all Europe and more to visit other research places , to attend meetings or conferences and so on…
    It depends on me on my maturing…or ageing
    The last ten years for Italian people means loss of hope in the future, when I speak with person of generation they said that Italy is in decadence , all is blocked…

Kerin replied 4 years, 2 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Kerin

Administrator
    February 6, 2020 at 9:20 am

I have the same feeling regarding different points of view – especially about the future! My views have changed considerably from 10 years ago. And isn’t it ironic that now, maybe you have a bit more time since the twins are older and need you less … but you also have less energy for hobbies?!
    Unfortunately, I have to agree that there does seem to be a negative attitude in Italy regarding the future. I feel for young people as it seems to be harder and harder to get a good job – although I don’t think this is confined just to Italy … it’s a bit of a dark period all over. But let’s be optimistic!

Some English notes:
    The last ten years for Italian people means loss of hope in the future, when I speak with person of generation they said that Italy is in decadence , all is blocked
    The last ten years for Italian people means loss of hope in the future, when I speak with PEOPLE of generation they said that Italy is in DECLINE , EVERYTHING is STUCK…
    *people – you need the plural here
    *decline (decadence is a false friend. it means luxurious self-indulgence.)
    *blocked is not wrong, but stuck is better because it implies being trapped