Discuss lessons, practise English, find answers, get feedback, ask questions ... and most importantly, enjoy yourself!

All courses Forums Discussion Room: Fashion My experience and relationship with Fashion

• My experience and relationship with Fashion

Posted by Lucia on March 13, 2022 at 5:02 pm

I don’t consider myself a fashionable person, nor someone who think a lot about clothes and style. This probably depends on considering the fashion industry far from my life, even if it isn’t completely true since we are constantly surrounded by fashion products and clothes marketing.

So starting from the previous consideration, and my superficial disinterest in style, I think my style can be defined as casual – conformable one. I love crop top on wide leg or on high-waist bootcut jeans, maybe with a leather jacket or an oversize jeans jacket. This kind of look is sustainable without freezing or suffering for high temperature only on April-May and then September-October, so these are my favourite periods, talking about wearable clothes.

I don’t like shopping so much, in particular because given my body shape and my hip dips is difficult find something that I like and it is at the same time flattering. So often the whole shopping experience is reduced to a frustrating set of jeans or dresses left at the exit of the changing room. Anyway, recently I have lived the experience to search for a single thing I needed and try and buy only that. It has been extremely less frustrating and faster for sure!

Another thing I started to do is to visit second-hand shops. I have found a wonderful dress and a pair of trousers super-comfortable. Exchange clothes with people I know is more difficult, but it happened with my sister sometimes, usually she takes jeans too tight for me and I steal her shirts.

From Covid outbreak I started to buy less clothes and to focus more on comfort than elegance. I thing this depends both on the habit to be always with pijamas on and on the lack of social opportunity to wear more sophisticated outfits.

Kerin replied 2 years, 4 months ago 2 Members · 3 Replies
  • 3 Replies
  • Kerin

Administrator
    March 14, 2022 at 3:45 pm
    • Lucia

April 26, 2022 at 5:28 pm

I’m as usual super late in answering, but here I am:

I don’t consider myself a fashionable person, nor someone who thinkS a lot about clothes and style. THE CAUSE OF IT IS PROBABLY THAT I DON’T CONSIDER FASHION INDUSTRY SOMETHING THAT HAS INFLUENCE ON MY LIFE, even if it isn’t completely true since we are constantly surrounded by fashion products and clothes marketing.

So starting from the previous consideration, and my superficial disinterest in style, I think my style can be defined as A casual – conformable one. I love crop topS on wide leg or on high-waist bootcut jeans, maybe with a leather jacket or an oversize jeans jacket. This kind of look is sustainable without freezing or suffering FROM high temperatureS only IN April-May and then September-October, so these are my favourite periods, talking about wearable clothes.

I don’t like shopping so much, in particular because given my body shape and my hip dips IT is difficult TO find something that I like and is at the same time flattering. So often the whole shopping experience is reduced to a frustrating ME LEAVING A LOT of jeans or dresses left at the exit of the changing room. Anyway, recently I have lived the experience to search for a single thing I needed and try and buy only that. It has been extremely less frustrating and faster for sure!

Another thing I started to do is to visit second-hand shops. I FOUND a wonderful dress and a pair of trousers super-comfortable. ExchangING clothes with people I know is more difficult, but it happened with my sister sometimes, usually she takes jeans too tight for me and I steal her shirts.

SINCE Covid outbreak, I started to buy less clothes and to focus more on comfort than elegance. I thing this depends both on the habit to be always IN pijamas and on the lack of social opportunity to wear more sophisticated outfits.

• Kerin

Administrator
    May 11, 2022 at 11:51 am

Great job Lucia. (I’m late too! Sorry, I missed this!)

Just this> THE CAUSE OF IT IS PROBABLY THAT I DON’T CONSIDER that the FASHION INDUSTRY is one THAT HAS INFLUENCE ON MY LIFE,