Discuss lessons, practise English, find answers, get feedback, ask questions ... and most importantly, enjoy yourself!

• Vocabulary extra

Posted by valentina on December 10, 2020 at 2:51 pm

1.When I was fourteen I used to argue with my mother over outfits every time I went out.

2.I’d rather wear casual and comfortable clothes, that suit me better, than girly dresses. However for work I need prim and proper garments.

3.My friend Elena, who is really into fashion, puts together original, out-there and fashionable outfits.

4.My wardrobe is plain and subtle, it doesn’t stand out at all.

5.Blue is the prevalent color in winter, while, in summer, I add some other light colors, basically white.

6.I’d rather have on an oversized pants and a comfortable shirt/blouse.

7.For special occasions, I usually go to my friend Elena, I look for items in her wordrobe.

8.We play around with different outfits and we pair with accessorie as long as I find the smartest outfit.

9.On the contrary/On the other hand, I’m really partial to shoes.

10.I’d like to buy many different types of shoes, even though I wear especially sneakers and sandals as soon as possible.

valentina replied 3 years, 5 months ago 2 Members · 2 Replies
  • 2 Replies
  • Kerin

Administrator
    December 10, 2020 at 5:14 pm

@Vale – the next time I see you, I’m going to give you a gold star 🤩🤩🤩 These phrases are GREAT!

Just a few tiny things to point out, but they sound super natural. Really, well done.

6.I’d rather have on (an❌) oversized pants and a comfortable shirt/blouse.

7. For special occasions, I usually go to my friend Elena, TO look for items in her wardrobe.

(go to someone FOR something or TO DO something)

OR:

For special occasions, I usually go to my friend Elena’s, I look for items in her wardrobe. (saxon genitive because you mean ‘da Elena’)

10.I’d like to buy many different types of shoes, even though I wear especially sneakers and sandals as MUCH as possible.

• valentina

December 11, 2020 at 3:21 pm

Thanks Kerin! I’ve a good teacher 😉