Discuss lessons, practise English, find answers, get feedback, ask questions ... and most importantly, enjoy yourself!

All courses Forums Discussion room – slang A Typical English Saturday A Typical English Saturday

• A Typical English Saturday

Posted by enrica on April 6, 2021 at 6:19 pm

I went to my friend’s house to watch the England game the other day. I walked in and said “How are you?” he gave me a beer and I said “TA.” England lost 4-1 to Germany. My friend and I were GUTTED. We decided to go for some NOSH. The closest pub was selling burgers for A FIVER. When we got to the pub there were some
    other friends there “How are you?” I asked and they said “Good TA.”

Para 2.

The pub was in a DODGY part of the city but the burgers were THE BEE’S KNEES. My friend John is JAMMY, he always wins money on the gambling machine but tonight he put A TENNER in the machine and didn’t win. I put £1 in and won A TENNER, “you JAMMY bastard” said John.

Para 3.

Then a really FIT woman walked in, I decided to buy her a drink.
    She was really FIT but stupid. I spent A TENNER on drinks for her but then
    she got KNACKERED and decided to go home, I didn’t get her phone number and I was GUTTED. Then my PAL Pete arrived, he is stupid and he was very PISSED. We all said “hello Pete, how are you?”
    John and my other friends started TAKING THE PISS insults about Pete.

Para 4.

Pete didn’t understand because he’s TWO SANDWICHES SHORT OF A PICNIC so he said TA! I didn’t have any more money so I asked Pete if I could borrow A TENNER, but he only had A FIVER. I had one more drink and started to feel KNACKERED. We went to the kebab shop next door, there were some dangerous men in there, they started TAKING THE PISS about us and we almost had a fight. We paid for the kebabs and ate them on the way home, they were THE DOG’S BOLLOCKS.

Kerin replied 2 years, 11 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Kerin

Administrator
    April 7, 2021 at 3:03 pm

Marvellous job @enrica 👏

Just watch out for this expression:

taking the piss out of (5 words)

> John and my other friends started TAKING THE PISS insults about Pete.❌

> John and my other friends started TAKING THE PISS OUT OF Pete. ✅

> they started TAKING THE PISS about us and we almost had a fight. ❌

> they started TAKING THE PISS OUT OF us and we almost had a fight. ✅