Discuss lessons, practise English, find answers, get feedback, ask questions ... and most importantly, enjoy yourself!

All courses Forums Discussion room – slang Writing Lab Extra Study Don’t take the piss out of your friend!

• Don’t take the piss out of your friend!

Posted by Mao on August 27, 2020 at 5:53 pm

I had a numpty friend who went to jr. high school together. Since he was always talking about a load of bollocks, I used to take the piss out of him. A decade has passed and we accidentally met on a street and decided to go for cuppa at a dench cafeteria in a dodgy neighborhood. Inside of the shop was chock-a-block. Then he asked me “Do you fancy coffee, tea, or nosh?”, and ” I fancy a cup of coffee” I said. Without saying any word, he paid a tenner and treat me. I said “Ta!” to him and had a slight sip. “Bee’s knees!” I thought. “But how come he knows this?” I asked in my mind. While I was wondering, there was a voice from the shop saying “Master, how was the taste?”. I gutted and asked him “Master?”. Being shy, he told me that he became an owner of the shop after traveling to Blight to learn about coffee. I thought it’s codswallop though, realized it is all true. I cannot believe such a cack-handed pal could make the dog’s bollocks. I regretted myself about having teased and made a cheeky laugh at him when we were young. No one can tell what a person will be in the future. Be nice to everyone!

Kerin replied 3 years, 8 months ago 2 Members · 1 Reply
  • 1 Reply
  • Kerin

Administrator
    August 28, 2020 at 2:15 pm

I am so proud of you @Mao – this is ‘bloody’ brilliant. đź‘Ź

Corrections in bold. Please ask if you have any doubts.

I had a numpty friend who I went to jr. high school WITH.

> Without saying any word, he paid a tenner and treatED me.

>“But how come he knows this PLACE?” I asked in my mind.

> I WAS gutted and asked him “Master?”.

> I DEEPLY regretted having teased HIM and HAVING a cheeky laugh at him when we were young.

đź‘Ť